Main Entry: sot·to vo·ce

Pronunciation: "sä-tO-'vO-chE
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: Italian sottovoce, literally, under the voice
1 : under the breath : in an undertone; also : in a private manner
2 : very softly -- used as a direction in music

Sunday, November 12, 2006

What is Documented; Leaving a Legacy


I’ve written about this before to some extent anyway, and yet I find myself coming back around to the topic with yet more thoughts and ideas. The topic here is legacy, documentary and why we, or I anyway, feel the need to preserve a given moment. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of photographs in this house in various stages of their evolution from storage on disk, to stacks or prints, to finished home in actual album. Some pasted into those big blank printer sample books that my husband gets as part of his job from printers >>> more