Main Entry: sot·to vo·ce

Pronunciation: "sä-tO-'vO-chE
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: Italian sottovoce, literally, under the voice
1 : under the breath : in an undertone; also : in a private manner
2 : very softly -- used as a direction in music

Friday, January 14, 2005

Blogcritics.org: the family myth

Another year whizzes by and the older I get, the faster they pass, and it seems only yesterday I was twenty-something and living what at the time I thought was surely both the highpoint and the low point of my life. Now, looking back at forty, I see how much and how little has changed. What I see at this time of year is not exclusive to me, but is a thing that perhaps we all experience and that is our role in our own family myth. The you you are around your family, or the you you are perceived as, perhaps more accurately. More>>>
Blogcritics.org: the family myth