Main Entry: sot·to vo·ce

Pronunciation: "sä-tO-'vO-chE
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: Italian sottovoce, literally, under the voice
1 : under the breath : in an undertone; also : in a private manner
2 : very softly -- used as a direction in music

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Blogcritics.org: is it really the end of the affair? - sadi ranson-polizzotti

"Not long ago, I read a great article on Blogcritics that was about Julianne Moore, an actress I've long admired, and though her work lately has tended to the too commercial for my tastes (the bad comedy with Pierce Brosnan that I saw on the plane on the way home from France - not my thing). But I remember Moore in The End of the Affair, and I recall too that I had read the book by Graham Greene and was curious as to how a director would handle a book that I, anyway," (select link, and do read the comments at the end of this piece as they really add a great deal. srp)
Blogcritics.org: is it really the end of the affair?: