Main Entry: sot·to vo·ce

Pronunciation: "sä-tO-'vO-chE
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: Italian sottovoce, literally, under the voice
1 : under the breath : in an undertone; also : in a private manner
2 : very softly -- used as a direction in music

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

beyond indigo | how kelly baltzell can help you move beyond grief | the interview

A few years ago, my plane was grounded by a snowstorm as I returned home from my grandfather's funeral in February. Layovers like this are never welcome and with the tears and the grief and my grandfather's rings in my hand, I was in no shape to be sitting still in an airport. By sheer chance, I was seated in the airport and I couldn't have been in a better situation. Soon, I found myself sitting next to a stunning young woman named Kelly Baltzell -- a young woman with an open and kind face, and of course, soon we got to talking (delays form fast friends). But Kelly knew right away all was not well with me and informed me of her work, which is to work with those who are going through grieving the loss of a loved one. Kelly, I found out, is also the President of a Web based site called Beyond Indigo that offers vast resources for those who are chronically ill or who are grieving, but more, she offers services that are just amazing -- like virtual memorials and votives, grief journals and more. That she does all this and it is not maudlin is remarkable -- she has successfully formed a real community, perhaps the only one of it's kind, where people can gather or simple be alone and honor their loved ones, educate themselves, build memorial Web pages, and so very much more. The resourcefulness and energy of Kelly Baltzell are simply exceptional and more, does it not so much for profit, but out of a need, or a gap that she saw in the community. Her works have been rewarded and she has won Best of Forbes for four years running. Read on, and I do hope that you will... Friends, meet Kelly Baltzell and Beyond Indigo. (select link to read more)
sadi ranson-polizzotti - tant mieux articles - beyond indigo how kelly baltzell can help you move beyond grief