Main Entry: sot·to vo·ce

Pronunciation: "sä-tO-'vO-chE
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: Italian sottovoce, literally, under the voice
1 : under the breath : in an undertone; also : in a private manner
2 : very softly -- used as a direction in music

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

dancing in the dark | an open letter



Dear ....

Recently, I was thinking about that stupid film Unfaithful, with the annoying Diane Lane and her oh-so-suburban affair with a younger man and how it leads to, poor Richard Gere who played her husband, killing the guy with, of all things, a snow globe.
It wasn't the film really, it was a line from a book that is read in the film and it said, "This moment is your life."

I keep coming back to this, because although it seems trite, it brings to mind other lines, particularly John Lennon, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans..." and how very much those lines struck me when I was still very young and now, at my ripe old age, how they strike me more. >>>More.