Main Entry: sot·to vo·ce

Pronunciation: "sä-tO-'vO-chE
Function: adverb or adjective
Etymology: Italian sottovoce, literally, under the voice
1 : under the breath : in an undertone; also : in a private manner
2 : very softly -- used as a direction in music

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Ritual | audio poem - sadi ranson-polizzotti

this is an audio post - click to play


Ritual

Why do I disappoint.
I have sought and found
All the unguents, foreign
Vessels of the lovely.
Each night I draw
The bath. Marinade
Myself fertile. My arms
And legs bear lilies.
The gingersnaps you see
Are not imperfections, no!
They are fine and sweet
powdered sugar. Taste
I have spun my hair,
pale and blonded
Honey. It tents us when we kiss.
Love, I have the nightly song,
The litany, danced the vesper
Ritual. Praying I
would soon see
the shape of you
Edging down the road
That which leads to my
Door. I am clean and pure
As any saint. My Klieg light
Blinding. Once I was warned
Never to prepare for any
Man. How it debased me, so.
How they do I glow; ruby-
Lipped, child-hipped
A fertile mama, real lover
Whose scent catches
Your sails as you draw
Your vessel to me.
When the stars fall
They burn and flare brightly.

I glow, butane blue
bright & burning.